by Connie Barlow
NOTE: This "stardust" version of Silent Night was first used by Connie at the December 21, 2003, intergenerational Sunday service of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowshop of Clemson, SC. For each verse, the first and last lines are always the same:
FIRST LINE: Silent night. Holy night. All is calm. All is bright.
LAST LINE: Life abounds upon Earth. Life abounds upon Earth.
1. PLAN-ets GRACE-ful-ly CIR-cle the SUN
STAR-dust CY-cles through EV-er-y ONE
2. RA-di-ant BEAMS from PRI-mor-dial STARS
CLUMPED in-to PLAN-ets like VE-nus and MARS
3. CAR-bon NI-tro-gen AND cal-ci-UM
ALL were BORN in-side AN-ces-tral SUNS
4. DEATH and re-CY-cling of MILL-ions of STARS
BROUGHT forth PLAN-ets and ALL that we ARE
5. SIL-ver GOLD and TI-ta-ni-UM
FORGED in STARS be-fore EARTH had be-GUN
6. FLAR-ing FORTH a-cross HEAV-en a-BOVE
SU-per-NO-vas made ALL that we LOVE
Listen to AUDIO of first verse.
RETURN TO SONGS.
RETURN TO GREAT STORY HOME PAGE.